Sometimes it seems like international adoption is in a constant state of flux. There’s so much information circulating out there, it’s hard to determine what’s accurate and current, and what’s no longer true.
So to help you out, we compiled 7 things you should know about international adoption right now.
1. All international adoption programs are currently seeking families for toddlers through teens.
This is true of all adoption agencies!
2. Every country program has different eligibility requirements.
Be on the lookout for special requirements like BMI, income and medical history.
3. You do not have to own your own house to be eligible!
Does this mean you are now eligible?
4. You will receive (a lot of) parent training.
Don’t worry, we want you to be as prepared as possible!
5. There are requirements after you come home with your child.
Be prepared for a lot of post-placement reporting — as well as a lot of support from Holt!
6. You get to travel!
Every country program involves at least one trip.
7. Both boys and girls are waiting for families!
Most families request girls, however, so boys often wait longer than girls.
Learn More About International Adoption
We work with families in all 50 states to find loving homes for children from 11 locations around the world!