We have a few long-standing adoption programs in that region, but two that stand out are our Philippines and Vietnam programs. Although smaller, they both have unique factors that might make them a good option for your family!
Adopt from the Philippines!
- We receive very detailed background, behavioral and social information about the children.
- Most children understand some English.
- This is an excellent program for Christian families as the central authority in the Philippines, ICAB, requires all families to be Christian.
- Holt has been active in the Philippines for 40+ years and has a well-respected partner agency there.
- The Philippines adoption process is a stable, predictable process with a short time frame from match to travel — about six months.
- The family’s trip to the Philippines is relatively short — only five business days are required.
Adopt from Vietnam!
- Holt staff in Vietnam personally visit the children to get child updates and photos.
- Vietnam is a smaller program, which allows for more individual family support.
- Eligibility requirements are broad and even more flexible for waiting children.
- Single applicants can adopt as well as parents as young as 25.
- Holt has a long history of providing family strengthening, orphan care and adoption services in Vietnam — and continued to provide support to children and families even when international adoption was closed in the country.