This is an article about Journey of Hope 2020. For more information about TBRI® and other upcoming events, visit our website.
This summer, Holt International in Oregon will host its second annual TBRI camp for adoptees and their parents!
This two-day family camp is designed around the Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) parenting curriculum for domestic and international adoptees and their families. Even years after their adoption, some children may struggle with behavior regulation, attachment and social skills. With specialized assistance from TBRI practitioners, this camp will equip families with tools and strategies they can use to help their child learn self-regulation skills and deepen family attachment. Other activities include fun sensory games, art, nurture and movement groups and maybe even a visit with a furry friend!
When: Friday, July 24 and Saturday, July 25, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Fairfield Church of the Nazarene in Eugene, OR
Cost: $100 per participant.
Registration for our 2020 Journey of Hope Camp is now closed. For more information about TBRI and other upcoming events, please visit our website.
- If your child lives in a two-parent household, both parents must attend. A one-parent household with multiple children accepted to the camp must have a trusted caregiver to accompany the additional child.
- Each adult caregiver needs to complete the required training material before the application deadline. Contact Marissa Robello at [email protected] for a list of this material.
- Families must be able to attend both camp days.
- Participating children must attend with legal adoptive parents or permanent guardians. Children must be adopted, whether through foster care or international or domestic adoption.
- Children must be in your home for at least one year and be between the ages of 7 and 11, with possible exceptions in consideration of developmental age.
- Lunch, snacks and a T-shirt are included in the price. Breakfast, dinner and other accommodations are not included, nor arranged by Holt International.
Applications are closed for Journey of Hope 2020. For more information about TBRI and other upcoming events, visit our website.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].