Adopt from Holt’s
China Regional Programs
Since 1992, Holt International has helped more than 7,000 children from China join loving adoptive families in the U.S.
On This Page:
Adoption from Mainland China Paused
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, recruitment of adoptive families for Holt’s mainland China program is temporarily paused.
Families may still complete a homestudy and submit a dossier, but in an effort to control the spread of COVID-19, China is not allowing foreigners to travel to China. Adoption processing is expected to resume once the pandemic is under better control. During this time, we are encouraging families to explore our two other adoption programs in the China region — Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Mainland China Adoption Program
Due to COVID-19, adoption processing from mainland China is temporarily paused.
Hong Kong Adoption Program
The Hong Kong program needs loving, permanent families for boys and girls, ages 1-15, with special needs.
Taiwan Adoption Program
Children in the Taiwan program with varying levels of special needs, ages 2-15, are waiting for families.
Children in China Who Need Families
- The China program matches girls and boys with moderate to complex special needs.
- Children without identified special needs or who have mild correctible conditions are adopted via in-country adoption in China. As a result, children who fit this profile are no longer matched with families via international adoption.
- Children ages 4-15 are waiting for families.
- Older children and those with more involved special needs are featured on our waiting child photolisting.
- Waiting children can be matched with families who have an approved homestudy.
- We rarely see biological siblings from China.
- Families may not adopt two unrelated children at the same time.
Meet the children waiting for a family
To preserve children’s confidentiality, you will be asked to log in or sign up before you access the waiting child photolisting.
Eligibility Requirements & Fees
Need help funding your adoption?
Families adopting through Holt receive free, professional guidance and support from a one-on-one finance coach throughout their adoption process. Even if you’re just considering adoption, email us to set up your first consultation today!
Stories About Adoption from China
China Adoption FAQs
Help Protect International Adoption for Children
Your gift today will help a child be adopted, care for them while they wait, and even ensure that they receive critical post-adoption help for life!
Start Your Journey in Adoption
Whether you are considering adoption or are ready to apply to adopt, we have many free ways for you to explore our programs or get started.
Request Free Adoption Information
Email [email protected] to connect with one of our adoption specialists.
Adoption Info Meetings
Check out our free adoption information meetings through our branch offices.
If you’re ready to start your adoption process, applying online is secure and easy.