Adopt from the Philippines
Since 1976, Holt has helped unite more than 1,000 children from the Philippines with permanent, loving families in the U.S.
On This Page:
Many children in the Philippines are waiting for a permanent, loving family.
Children eligible for adoption from the Philippines are typically 4 years or older at the time they join their families and have minor special needs. Holt has a highly respected adoption program in the Philippines with a stable process and our longstanding partner in the region, the Kaisahang Buhay Foundation (KBF), has years of experience uniting children with families via international adoption. Holt’s U.S. staff will also work closely with you throughout the adoption process to ensure you feel informed and prepared every step of the way. The Philippines program is only open to Catholic and Christian families.
Children in the Philippines Who Need Families
- Children most in need of adoption are older children (9-13+) who may or may not have special needs other than age and children of all ages with moderate to major developmental, physical or medical special needs. (The Philippines is not currently accepting new applications for families only open to children under the age of 6 years old.)
- Older sibling groups are waiting for families.
- Families cannot specify a gender preference.
- Reports on children who need families are very detailed, containing family background, behavioral and developmental information.
- Most children live in government or privately run care centers, while some children live in licensed foster homes.
Meet the children waiting for a family
To preserve children’s confidentiality, you will be asked to log in or sign up before you access the waiting child photolisting.
Eligibility Requirements & Fees
Need help funding your adoption?
Families adopting through Holt receive free, professional guidance and support from a one-on-one finance coach throughout their adoption process. Even if you’re just considering adoption, email us to set up your first consultation today!
Stories About Adoption from the Philippines
Philippines Adoption FAQs
Help Protect International Adoption for Children
Your gift today will help a child be adopted, care for them while they wait, and even ensure that they receive critical post-adoption help for life!
Start Your Journey in Adoption
Whether you are considering adoption or are ready to apply to adopt, we have many free ways for you to explore our programs or get started.
Request Free Adoption Information
Email [email protected] to connect with one of our adoption specialists.
Adoption Info Meetings
Check out our free adoption information meetings through our branch offices.
If you’re ready to start your adoption process, applying online is secure and easy.