For some adoptees, a search for birth family isn’t possible or has been unsuccessful (see Birth Family Search). Holt recognizes that a connection with their past can be very important for some adoptees, and in an effort to provide this we may be able to locate your foster parents. Foster family searches can be somewhat limited depending on the time you were in care, availability of records, and recent contact with our partner agencies.
This is the typical process for a foster parent search. Not every case is the same, and a search is not always possible.
What you do:
- Complete the Request for Services online form and submit it.
- Receive an email in 2-5 business days that confirms Holt facilitated your adoption, with a link to the Request for Services form(s).
- If your adoption was not facilitated by Holt, you’ll receive an email explaining this.
- To determine if contact with your foster family is possible:
- Print, complete, sign and return the Request for Post Adoption Services form by mail only.
- Print, complete, sign and return the Special Release form by mail only (form must be notarized). Include a photocopy of either your U.S. Passport or Certificate of Naturalization/ Citizenship. Color copies are preferred, if you are able to do so.
- Provide a letter to your foster family and a current photo of yourself. These will be sent to Thailand electronically only.
- There is no fee for this service, and may be combined with requests for U.S. child material and/or birth family search (fees do apply to file copies).
What Holt will do:
- Confirm that Holt facilitated your adoption.
- Email you the link noted above to access (if Holt facilitated your adoption).
- Wait for your request forms to arrive by standard mail.
- Retrieve your file from our off-site file storage, usually within 2-3 weeks of receipt of completed request forms.
- Submit your request to contact your foster family to Holt Sahathai Foundation (HSF). While we work cooperatively with our overseas partners, we cannot guarantee a specific response time frame. We appreciate your understanding. This process can last a few weeks to several months, depending on the time of year, volume of requests, and complexity of cases.
- If contact with your foster family is possible we will inform you and forward your letter and photos.
What Holt Thailand will do:
- Upon receipt of the letter, photo(s) and request, HSF will attempt to contact the foster parent’s through their last known address, asking them to contact HSF. Depending on the era, this may or may not be possible, and we may not be able to determine this until the search is actually set in motion.
- HSF will notify Holt should the foster family be found, or when the case is closed because they have received no response. Holt will then notify you of the outcome.
- When foster parents are located they will be provided with your letter and photo(s) if the parents are open to this. There is no guarantee of a response from the family.
To begin the process of determining if contact with your foster family is possible, we must first confirm that your adoption was indeed facilitated by Holt International. Once this has been verified you’ll receive an email and further instructions enabling you to request an assessment/search.
Foster Family History:
Many adoptees were either never in an orphanage, or were transferred from an orphanage or hospital into foster care. These were highly dedicated and caring foster mothers and their families, who often cared for Holt children right up to the date they departed to their new families, and may have cared for many children.