• The majority of children are age 2-5 years at time of placement. • We are currently only accepting families open to children who are above 5 years old or interested in a specific waiting child. • Older children are referred through the Ambassador program and the multiple agency Special Home Finding list. • Please contact program before applying.
• Minimum age is 27. • No more than 45 years age difference between Primary Caregiver and child.
Length of Marriage
• Minimum 3 years. • Number of years of common-law marriage can be accepted if parents are legally married for at least 1 year.
1 divorce each accepted.
Children in Family
• Up to 3 children. • 4 children considered on a case by case basis, please contact program before applying. • Childless couples given some priority in centralized match process.
• Accepted for children age 6+ years or children with moderate to major special needs. • Please contact program prior to applying.
Travel in Country
• Required for one parent; minimum 5 business days. • Strong preference for both parents to travel.
How Long it Takes
Application to Placement: Approx 2-3 years.
Waiting Child Program
• Multiple agency release groups of older children and children with special needs. • Children age 10-15 through the Ambassador Program. • Families with 4+ children may qualify on a case by case basis.
• Families must be open to either gender. • Filipino-American families are given priority for matching, which can reduce timeframe by approximately 6 months. • This program requires a 5 year Church Reference Letter and maximum BMI of 35.
Hague Convention Country. Holt also assists families who want to adopt a relative in the Philippines, please contact program to learn more.