China Post Placement Report
Post Placement Report compliance has a significant impact on intercountry adoption in each of the countries we partner with. It is very important to the officials overseas to know the children placed with U.S. families are well taken care of, loved, and that families are receiving appropriate support.
Post Placement Report Information:
Packages containing completed Post Placement reports are mailed overseas each Friday. Please let us know if the report/photos will be delayed so we can provide this information to the country, if needed.
Frequency: After your child's arrival to the U.S., each report needs to be completed as per the countries reporting sequence dictates, see below. If additional reports are required by your state, please provide those to us as well.
Report Sequence if Travel Approval issued after 1/1/2015:
1, 6, 12, 24 months completed by a social worker.
Report Sequence if Travel Approval issued prior to 1/1/2015:
36, 48 and 60 months to be completed as Self Reports.
1, 6, 12 months completed by a Social Worker.
24, 36 and 60 months to be completed as Self Reports.
- 6 Month Report:
Needs to include at least 1 photo of your child in China.
- Child Essay (optional):
If your child is age 10 or older at time the report is due, you are welcome to include a short essay. This should be written by the adoptee describing his/her experience and growth in the adoptive family, how he/she is doing in school, getting along with his/her teachers and classmates. It is okay for this to be in English, Chinese, or both. If the child is unable to complete this as a "traditional" essay for any reason, a drawing will also be accepted.
After your child's arrival to the U.S. please send copies of some documents that you received overseas; Adoption Decree's, medical information and/or copy of passport visa pages. We will also need a color copy of your child's Certificate of Citizenship (or COC) once this is received. Any additional legal documents such as U.S. Birth Certificates, U.S. Adoption Decree's or U.S. Passport copies are also appreciated and will be secured in the permanent case file.
Post Placement Photo Requirements:Quantity: 8 photos required
Siblings: China requires separate photo sets (for each child) per report. Example: Twins will require two separate Post Placement Reports (one report for each child) and 16 photos total (8 per child).
Photos to submit:
- Please include a variety of photos with family (or friends), not just photos of your child alone. Include both parents (if not within the same photo, then one-on-one with the adoptee).
- Please choose photographs that highlight your child and the family enjoying routine activities or special events. (Example: Going to school, eating breakfast, or going to the aquarium, family camping trip, etc.)
- We suggest that the photos show your child content and dressed appropriately (Example: warmly dressed if the environment looks cold, etc.)
Select in focus photos of your child, and they need to be large enough to see your child's face.
Photos NOT to submit:
Please note that photos are going to a foreign government with different cultural norms. We ask that you take this into serious consideration when selecting photos.
- Anything that obscures your child's face, such as costumes with masks, heavy face paint or messy food faces.
- Digital effects (such as sepia tone or other types of color specific filters)
- Baggy or ill-fitting clothing, bathing suits or swim shorts.
- During bath time, or of the child topless or bare bodied at all.
- Holding weapons, toy weapons or hunting photos
Photo Information: Fill in all of the requested fields (below). This information, such as your child's arrival date, original name, current state, etc. allows us to place these photos with your corresponding report.
Captions: Please type a caption for each photo in the large caption box before uploading. Provide information that describes the photo, such as where, when, and who (example: Aunt Mary with Tommy at the zoo during summer vacation.)
Before clicking the upload button, please include all of the required photos. You can add all of the photos in one upload with all the corresponding captions.
If you are unsure of any information or photos to provide, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
, or if you have any questions, we are happy to help.
All fields are required. Put N/A if not applicable.
Did you receive a Special Needs Adoption Fund grant?